Being woman is special???



Dedicated to my dear mom :)

I am writing this story as Woman's day is round the corner. Do you guys really feel special to be a woman. Or thinks that womanhood is something that makes you feel proud. I always asked myself this question. Is being woman really special?? I never felt special for being a woman. No,this was my thought in past. This is my story of becoming special proud woman. 

As every girl, I was also taught so many things from childhood. Don’t speak louder, Walk properly, Sit properly, be calm, polite, soft spoken etc etc. Then only you will be labelled as a good girl by the society. Sometimes I used to wonder whether my parents love me or the society. My brother can go anywhere anytime but I am supposed to return home on time. That could be because they wanted me to be safe. Fine, can’t blame them since my security was a matter of concern here. But still I wonder why I am not allowed hold my cousin brothers hand in public or talk and play with them. As a good daughter I never let my parents down and obeyed them all the time. But to be truthful I never felt special due to this barriers. I always admired the freedom boys used to get.

As every girl, I also had to face the biggest challenge in my life. Yes marriage. To get into life style of some other family is the toughest adaption I ever made. People say after marriage you will get the love of both family. But it is partially true. It will make you more confused and miserable, when you face problem in your marriage. You all know ‘Too many cooks spoil the broth’. For even trivial things (may be for me) you will be judged  and advised.How to dress? How to do makeup? how to talk? how to walk? how to smile?. OMG my heart also cried. Marriage is kind of rerooting a tree and planting it in some other location. And everyone expect the tree to give fruits very next day. For the tree to adapt you should water it or give the tree at least some time. 

Reading this some of you may think I am being offensive. Thats not true. The moment I became special for myself is when I felt a heartbeat in my womb. And that feeling was so divine and magical. Don’t have words to express it. I was poured with love and care from my parents, my husband and my in laws. I should put words correctly here. They started showing affection when I was carrying?? No thats not correct. They started expressing love in their heart when I was carrying. I remember my dad tried to cook for me. My mom made all tasty dishes for me. My mother in law used to wake me up every 2 hours to eat special dishes she made for me. 

I was enjoying all these pampering. But i had a tough time ahead. It started with a fever on my 6th month of pregnancy. My BP also increased and was hospitalized. My angel was born three months prior to my expected date. She weighed just 1 kg and was struggling for life. She got admitted in NICU. When I saw her first time she was not even looking like a baby. A small head of lemon size and hands and legs of finger size. My heart sank. My dad n mom was waiting outside NICU as they were not allowed to see baby. They asked me so many questions how she is, is she crying? What doctor said? I was unable to answer them. 

 My hus came by that time. And on seeing him I couldn’t control my emotions. I hugged him and cried like anything. He consoled me and told, “ Don’t worry, you will be able bring her back into life with your care and affection. You will certainly win this tough time. After 1 year she will be playing with us. I will be with you whatever happens”. At that moment I realized one who is holding me is my soulmate. I felt I am special for him

As he said she improved quickly. Despite of their old age my dad and mom stayed with me like a strong wall in that tough time. Their deeds and support proved that whatever happens I will be their special daughter.

Life will not be easy always and we may feel unequal compared to men. But these moments made me realize how special I am in their lives. Now I understood what the word special actually means being a mother of 2 lil angels.

I am not that beautiful now as I used to be in my 20’s. But when my angels hug and kiss me I feel like I am the most beautiful mother ever happened. Those kisses make me feel so special.
I am a fat lady now. But when I dance and play with my kids I feel I am the lightest person on earth :P Those smiles make me feel special.

When I am feeding my angels they will offer me a piece of their food with so much of love and affection in their eyes. Those lovely eyes make me feel special 

When they fell down or get scared, they run towards me and hug me, as if I am a superhero. Those hugs make me feel special

Right now I understand being special means being happy about what you are. Now I don’t want a place equal to men in my life as I discovered being woman is more special than being a man.

Because I am a Mother
Because I am a Wife
Because I am a Daughter

All Because I am a woman.
I am proud of womanhood. 



Comments

  1. Great babidha, you have a good presentation skill... love you dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Sistr...u r marvelous.... Happy women's day... :-) by Harini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be proud of what we are
    This thinking makes us special
    Nice presentation 😀😀😍😍😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice blog and fantastic words about the woman's life....Really Great Sister....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every journey start with a small step.yes ,you made your first step as a writer .I appreciate your effort as a reader of this blog .
    Keep writing ..

    oh wind ;if the winter comes ,the spring is far behind -The great English poet shelly's word.

    I will definitely see my sister will prove herself not only as a great womenhood ,but also a well known personality in the industry where she chooses ..

    All the best ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic. Yes you are special and we women are special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can feel how much u r enjoying ur life as a woman and u r living it to ur fullest.. Let all the women in the world live as a woman proudly..keep blogging more...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. True wordings from the bottom of ur heart..luv u sissy..stay blessed..let happines go hand in.hand throughout ur lyf n alwaz..keep smiling..proud of womanhood :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb dear. Continue with your writing. Hidden potentials are seen through this master piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great dear.. Words from the bottom of your heart..
    Keep up the good work.stay blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really good.A true reflection of motherhood.A mother needs to manage family,husband,sons and daughter.She is the human God.BG

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really good.A true reflection of motherhood.A mother needs to manage family,husband,sons and daughter.She is the human God.BG

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice work, dear..
    Expecting the next one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. anything that comes straight from heart is beautiful n so is ur write up.u r a strong woman to whom we always look up.love u.

    ReplyDelete
  17. anything that comes straight from heart is beautiful n so is ur write up.u r a strong woman to whom we always look up.love u.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow chechy those words were very touching ...it shows how happy and blessed u feel about your life and it gives us a realization about how special woomenhood is.

    ReplyDelete
  19. U can get her love in the form of

    Sister, Friend, Beloved, Wife,

    in the form of Mother

    in the form of Grandmother…..

    so,…..Respect HER…

    She is a Woman! All the best sis , waiting for next .. ................

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice presentation. Beautiful paragraph about women. Keep going Babidha. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice Super,being a woman is always special, I don't believe that someday is woman's day, Everyday is theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey …. OMG…What’s this babidha… such a raw, versatile article with startling thoughts, first-rate write up pal… I am really stunned while reading & feeling in some jiffies…. What I can say except this dear… Great… Great… again one more great (this is for your “kochu kallan”) especially for the 6th paragraph.
    Request is keep on writing with your cherished moments habitually.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!!! So very well Articulated Baitha... Yes, we are special not by just the title but for our selfless action for family nd people around us...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really a good write-up chechi❤️ My Iron lady yu are😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy's Little Angel

Never give up !!!