A mom from heaven

Mom, this three letter word is something that is cherished by every woman. Nothing in the world can be replaced by the love of mother. People say mother is one who carry the baby in her womb for 9 months and in heart for lifetime.

This is story of my aged friend who always dreamed of becoming a mother. Eagerly waited for her Angel to call her mom.

I was 25 years old when I saw her first time. I got admitted in labor room due to preterm labor contractions. For me this baby was so precious since already I lost two in my womb itself.

First time I didn't even knew I was pregnant. The screw of my company chair deceived me and it broke. I fell down on my back. Started bleeding and got admitted in hospital. There I came to know that I was carrying. My heart sank for a while.  I thought I missed the cycle since I had PCOS.

I don't know how I lost my 2nd baby. Everything was fine for 1st three months. But on my third trimester check up baby's heart beat was stopped and I lost her.

On third pregnancy, everything was fine till 6 months. But my BP shoot up. Also developed fever, and observed preterm contractions. And I got admitted in hospital. Strict bed rest in labor room. My parents were allowed to see me during food time.

When I was in labor room I befriended so many nurses. I seemed to bo confident for them.  In reality I knew that I am nervous, I am afraid. But my soul keeps on telling me. 'Have faith this baby will come for you, it will change your life and fill with happiness'.

Whenever my nurse friends see my scan and foetal heart rate they will give me a pathetic look. I used to look them with confidence and will tell mom, 'May be I will struggle a lot for this baby but I am gonna get this Angel. Nothing in the world can come between me and my Angel.' I kept on repeating this thought all the time. And this thought made me happy.

This friend of mine also had preterm labor issues. For her also 5.5 months were completed. She was also having problematic pregnancy. She also was advised for strict bed rest. We were in neighboring beds. We started talking, sharing experience of each other. She was very nervous. She even cried sometimes. She used to ask me how I am this much strong.

I advised her to have faith in God. He will bless both of us with an Angel. She told, I am having 2 angels in my womb. I was overwhelmed. She was expecting twins. 'See you were gifted with 2 Angels by God, don't get nervous. Have faith'.

After some days I undergone c section and delivered my Angel. She weighed 1kg. And got admitted to neonatal ICU. I started taking care of my struggling Angel.

One day I saw my friend nurse of labor room. I enquired about that lady in labor room. She told me that one baby in her womb is already dead. As a reaction other baby is suffering. The doctor is trying to save the life of other baby. Moreover it was her 7 th pregnancy. She got conceived due to IVF.

I was very much disturbed. I prayed God for the baby and her well-being. After a week I came to knew about she delivered baby and baby got admitted in NICU.

I saw her Angel when I went to see sreekutty. I don't want to explain how the baby looked. It was terrible. Tears brimmed up my eyes. After a few hours the baby lost his life.

That unnamed friend of mine was in ICU at that time. She got discharged. While she was moving out I was looking at her helplessly. I wanted to console her but words were not sufficient. She gave me a glance. May be she tried to smile, but couldn't, tears pouring out of her eyes. She walked away from us.

Whenever people praise me about my strength and hardships I faced for bringing up Sreekutty's health I always remember this lady. I always wished to meet her. But didn't know anything other than her name.

Few months ago I went to hospital for sreekuttys vaccination. There I met my doctor. She informed that my unnamed friend is now mother of 9 children. I was shocked. She clarified, she have started a baby home for orphans. Right now she is having 9 children in her home belonging to different age group. Everyone calls her mom.

For a woman to be a mother, her heart should be filled with love. I salute my friend for her bold decision of enlightening 9 children. She not only became a mother but also saviour of 9 lives.


Comments

  1. Very nice blog and words are very much sensitively touched the heart sister.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good and realistic story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good and realistic story

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember her face.Her Decision is the Best and lovable. On reading this I remember that we advised all of those who going for operation Theatre. With love Amma Accha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being woman is special???

Never give up !!!

Daddy's Little Angel