When my feathers are cut



Woman's day is again round the corner. Celebration of women with so much of glory and pride. But is the celebration done with an open heart?

Woman, beautiful creation of God who got the ability to carry human in her womb for 9 months and in her heart for life long. Motherhood is the priceless and divine gift I got. But the sad truth I realized behind this divinity is that, your feathers will be cut and you will lose your ability to fly.

After that, when you wants to fly again towards your career, you will be judged. You will be seen as outdated to current technologies. Your sincerity and hard work will be unnoticed. Only thing the people can see in you, is obstacles of your path. Your lovely children will be portrayed as obstacles.

But is that truth? No. The truth is mindset of people. Whenever I get an interview call the most common question is this. Who will take care of your children when you come to work? But I wonder, why they don't ask a father the same question. The bringing up of children is the responsibility of both dad and mom. But why only women are cornered.

My children is my responsibility. And if I have decided to come back to work I definitely should have made some plans for them. No one in whole world is gonna love the children the way,  a mother do. So an interviewer should concentrate on the skills of the candidate rather than the children.

I am a proud daughter of a working mother. And I know there is no flaws in my moms parenting. I also want to prove like her. I want to go further beyond. I want to reach a position in my career, from where I could help other woman also come out of these struggles.

This woman's day we don't require any gift or respect. We want to change the mindset of people. If a mother can carry a baby in her womb and mold him into a great human being, then she is possible to do anything.

And this is a promise I make to myself, I will climb all the obstacles come in my way, reach the opportunities and fly towards my dreams. My feathers are not burdened or cut due to motherhood. My children are not my weakness. They are my strength and pride. I will flew to all possible heights with them.

Even a single person who reads this, feels  inspired, and give a try for their flight I feel my thought is full filled.

This woman's day let's join hands and fly towards our dreams and change the mindset of our society. No one ever dare to think our children are our weakness. Let us prove they are our strength and pride. They are our key to success and happiness


Comments

  1. You have all abilities.It is testing time and dont bother about the questions posted in interviews.Every one has a time zone and you will get it.Good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thought chechi.
    Tough time too shall pass..keep faith..may God bless u to achieve u dream for..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a different thinking. And hatsoff for ur unique thought. Nobody can ask such a question... always go towarda ur dream. Fly wr eva u can til u can.. may god bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ofcourse our children are our strength. You will get through all the obstacles and fly high. Mindset of people will also change and all your dreams will be fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work. Definitely you will achieve your goals. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work. Definitely you will achieve your goals. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Higher the pressure, higher u will be able to go.. Never get disappointed babi..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gud thought sistr...Wishing you good luck in what you have planned to do.
    All d best

    By
    Harini R

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fly high babi.... N keep inspiring.. .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully written, unfortunately we still live in a world wer raising children is a mothers responsibility 1st, especially Asian countries. Ther is no way to meet up societies demand or stigma, let it be board exams marks, Job, marriage, children, house n property...it’s never ending... n in this rat race we not only women but men too end up sacrificing n stop living LIFE n try to catch up with societies timeline n demands.

    Don’t be bothered by wat others think u shud be doing in life, opportunities will come by ur way if it’s meant to be, if not think it’s a blessing in disguise wer u get more time not only towards ur family n ther upbringing but for urself. A person is not defined by his social status... he is defined by his deeds. Not only ur a wonderful daughter, sister, wife, mother n now a good writer too... best of luck on ur journey on finding ur true self....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nicely written, babidha.. am sure u will succeed in chasing your dreams, as I know about your sincerity in whatever you do.. keep trying and don't ever allow anyone or anything to steal your joy. Enjoy this time of your life to the fullest with family :) I also promise, I will also try to change this mindset in the people whom I know and will pass this to my kid too :) keep on writing.. it's such a nice feeling to read your blogs.. ☺️👍

    ReplyDelete
  12. Babitha well thoughts... Very well written. Children are our motivation to move further.nice blog with different thoughts. Keep it up. Varsha from Spark International prep school

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice sissyy well done....😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being woman is special???

Never give up !!!

Daddy's Little Angel